Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The security light is blinking and the car won't start. Its…

The security light is...

The security light is blinking and the car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Its just blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying. I was told to put it in the on position for 10 min then turn it back off and wait another 2 min and try to start it

3/17/2018
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Is the security light blinking even when you turn the key on or does it go out?

It's still blinking

Ok, give me a moment to see if there is something we can do.

Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?

According to my info, sorry to say but this isn't something you can repair without reprogramming the keys. You may be able to have a mobile locksmith do the work or it will have to be towed to a shop to have the work done. You might have to go to the dealer, however if another shop has the required equipment they should be able to do the work for you as well.

Sorry it's not good news.

If possible I would like to do it online
Ok no problem

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician