Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My trunk is ajar and Convertible top is closed but says in…

Customer Question
My trunk is ajar...

My trunk is ajar and Convertible top is closed but says in operation

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

Im not sure I was trying to open top then the operation obviously failed and now the trunk is in midair and u don't know how to troubleshoot it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Convertible?

08 Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was trying to open the top and it failed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Info in cluster panel says trunk ajar Convertible in operation

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please help me out am sitting outside my job which is now closed and my tip is shut but my trunk is stuck in midair
Can I get a reply soon
3/17/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are several things that could be preventing the top from working and it's going to require some testing to determine what is wrong. The problem may be a mechanical failure, it may be a microswitch or wiring issue, you may have a bad pump or low hydraulic fluid.

Do you still hear the pump running when pressing the top switch?