Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Town & Country van. The dashboard lights are…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Town & Country van. The dashboard lights are not working. I have ldisconnected the battery and waited 2 minutes before reconnecting. Lights still out - also located the IOD fuse and pulled it - no change. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes, checked all fuses and replaced the bulbs with new PC74's.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am working on it myself - started with replacing the bulbs, went on to attempting to reset the BCM by pulling the IOD fuse (checked all other fuses at that time), then when that did not work, I disconnected the battery and let stand for about 10 minutes before reconnecting. Still No Joy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is everything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/17/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the bulbs have been ruled out then the issue is either an internal failure in the instrument cluster, a wiring problem, or possibly a failure within the body controller.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?

i would like to do the work myself. Which is why i started on tje problem to begin with.
Would like some suggestions, please.

You'll first need to use an incandescent test light to check for power on the orange/yellow wire in pin 1 of the instrument cluster connector with the park lamps on.