Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Security light is on and it will not start. Stays solid. I…

Customer Question
Security light is on...

Security light is on and it will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Stays solid. I don't know how to reset it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

09 300 touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got in it to leave and the light came on and nothing happens when I turn the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried leaving the key on for 20 mins but it didn't work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/16/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris
Chris, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you have another key to try?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it's a used car and only came with 1 key and no fob
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Ok, there may be a problem with the microchip in the key. But let's try something first. Disconnect the negative battery cable for about two minutes and then reconnect it.
See if it will now start.Let me knowChris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn't work

Ok, worth a try at least. Tell me, when you turn the key to the "on" (not start) position, can you hear the soft whirring sound of the fuel pump in the tank com on for about 2 seconds and then turn off?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Hmmm, not good. If that pump does not come on, AND you have a solid security light, that makes be think there is something wrong with the PCM (engine computer), or the PCM is not being power. Stand by while I see which fuse(s) may be involved.

Chris

Ok, check fuse # 2 (25 amp) in the under hood fuse box. See if it is blown/burnt. Let me know,

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not burnt

Hmmm, ok, the next step is to try and get a scan tool or code reader connected to the data link connector under the dash. Then see if the scan tool can communicate or link up with the PCM if it can not, and that fuse is good, the it would appear that your PCM has failed and will need to be replaced.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician