Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2008 chrysler sebring hard top it will not come down…

Customer Question
Have a 2008 chrysler...

Have a 2008 chrysler sebring hard top it will not come down saying hard top malfunction see dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Puting oil in motor was low. Looking at fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Last that has anything to do this the top not coming down?!?!?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Motor makes a clicking sound to Indicate it’s getting power
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you're seeing a malfunction message it is because the power top control module is seeing a failure and has set fault codes. There are quite a few things that can prevent top operation including the pump motor, wiring, microswitches, and mechanical failures.

If you're truly hearing a click from the pump motor but it doesn't run then you pretty certainly have a bad pump motor. You'd need to load test it's power and ground, and if ok then it will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

u think its the motor

If it is receiving proper power and ground but not running then the motor has failed.