Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It keeps failing to start. Battery was fully charged. Tried…

Customer Question
It keeps failing to...

It keeps failing to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery was fully charged. Tried to start, drained battery completely attempting to start. Lights (interior) turned on initially then dimmed as I tried to start and the battery drained.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Country?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery and new alternator. Too poor to afford a mechanic again.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/15/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

when you turn the key on. can you hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds? if you arent sure, then have someone put their ear to the fuel tank and listen while you turn the key on.

are you there?

Sorry. One sec. my brother is checking...

ok

No fuel pump sound.
There is one click.

is the battery charged?

Brand new battery and alternator. Everything worked fine. Then van died over night/wouldn’t start.
Hooked up a battery charger-no change.
Unplugged battery from van then hooked up charger to it. Plugged battery back in and van started up.
Turned off. Van wouldn’t start a few hours later.
Checked the battery bur it was charged. Tried to start the van with battery charged and the inner lights went dim and it wouldn’t start.
Checked the battery right after trying to start it and the battery was completely drained.

standby please

Ok, you need to get the battery back to a full charge of 12.5 volts. then once its there, remove the charger and with a voltmeter watch to see if it starts going down. it should not

Okay. My bf will be home in a bit and he has a voltmeter.

ok, let me know

Real quick, should I read the charged battery with the voltmeter after or before I hook it back up to the van?

doesnt matter really. but try it before you hook it back up

Okie doke

its going on 1 am. im signing off for the night. ill be back in the morning

Okay. Thank you. Goodnight.

Ill be on throughout the day when you are ready

hows it going?