Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm replacing the engine oil pan with a new one but the part…

I'm replacing the engine...

I'm replacing the engine oil pan with a new one but the part around the oil filter on the old one doesn't match the new one doesn't have hose connectors to attach the hoses to it. is there a way to take it off and put it on the new one? i've looked at many different sites for the oil pan and none of them seem to have that part on it

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

I'm replacing it so that doesn't really matter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 touring i believe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and i removed the old oil pan because it was stripped

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What type of Chrysler? 300, town and country, ect? Also, what size engine? Thanks.

can you help?

300 3.5L touring edition i believe

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes to look into this .

ok

This part you are talking about is called the oil cooler and you can remove it and put it on new oil pan. The center part on cooler unscrews which will allow you to remove the cooler. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

ah ok what kind of tools do i need to unscrew it?

You can do it carefully with a pair of pliers. Put some electrical tape around it so you do not scratch it up too much. Here is a picture to show how it is held together. Let me know if you have questions, thanks

-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Engine-Oil-Cooler-For-Dodge-Charger-Magnum-Chrysler-300-4792912AE/222809999721?fits=Make%3AChrysler%7CModel%3A300&hash=item33e082c969:g:vDUAAOSwLgNaaY-j&vxp=mtr

Otherwise if you have hex socket it should fit the middle to unscrew it.

yeah thanks i got it off

Good to hear, thanks for update. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks again and please do not forget to rate answer.

Dan, Technician