Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

96 sebring 2.5 jxi cv not starting fuse #5 blows instintly.

Customer Question
96 sebring 2.5 jxi...

96 sebring 2.5 jxi cv not starting fuse #5 blows instintly. fuel pump was not workingg manuelly pushed relay and pump comes on but still wont start tried cleannig altenator wires as mentioned help

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been stalling?

Ran great sit up no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wire clean to altenator , as mentioned in your replys,replaced fuel filter, put hot wire to pump it ran put tank back in took cover off fuel pump relay pushed relay and pump came on still didnt start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What causing asd fuse to blow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/14/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

You will need to track the short down that is causing this issue, here are the steps you will need to isolate the problem.

It is my goal to give you 5 star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving the site today.

Items on this fuse include: fuel injectors, ignition coil, upstream and downstream Oxygen (O2) sensors, Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid, Alternator and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Start by unplugging the O2 sensors, as they tend to cause this problem more than anything else. If this cures the problem, replace the O2 sensor.

If the problem is not with the O2 sensors, then it is one of the other components or the problem is in the wire harness. Visually inspect the wiring going to each component. It is the Dark Green/Orange wire that goes to these components.

02 sensors unplugged still blows the fuse
i have to go for to day, Andy will be here in a few you can talk to him, what would be the next step