Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking for more performance have already done a lot of

Customer Question
Looking for more performance...

Looking for more performance have already done a lot of upgrades.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Curious if I can split a single inlet hi pressure fuel system that connects my fuel rails. Two rails one connect to another and one connect to line for pump is this possible to bring a better supply running fuel to reach rail from a split

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Chrysler 300, 2016 v6 3.6 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have aftermarket throttle body ported intake manifold large 4 inch internal diameter intake pipe external engine compartment cold air filter (radiator face/grill. Straight pipe exhaust with internal cross x pipe fitting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hi performance chip speed booster pedal drive by wire system

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
I imagine not something you guys do on here but I'm a full time student in auto mechanics I have 15 16 years working experience on engine small or large and now I'm learning more physics so I need some insight from professional mechanics for development
3/14/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Of course you can do that.

Nearly all fuel rails are plumbed in series - pump, rail to rail, regulator, return to tank.

In you case you, need to remove all the plumbing from both rails.

Now the supply line needs to be plumbing to bothe rails at one end with a Y piece in the lines to give you the 2 rail feeds.

If you have a return system, at the other end of the rails will be plumbed with a Y piece as well to a remote pressure regulator, can be mounted near the rails etc.

Many engines that have long runs of rails and lines in series suffer from injector leanout at the far end cylinders.

Subaru WRX is a good example.

Gary

Ok so will this be a performance upgrade
I'm dealing with such a new car and it's a v6 no one has answers everyone has hemi v8 answers for the car and performance.im reaching in all areas . The car is very fast now and I'm not looking for an explosion . But I have already created about 90 HP from upgrades and changed surface of intake runners to being a spiraled almost rifling effect more atomization in the dryer intake for a Max when they mix in top of heads .

I would class it as a safe tuning upgrade.

In other words, going to this effort won't show a power increase, but if other things are done like larger injectors, turbo boost etc, then the parallel system makes more sense.

If an engine is modified where the injectors start to become the power limiting factor, ie: they above 90% duty cycle or thereabouts, then the last injectors in a series system start to go lean first. At best, ***** ***** as lower power than expected, at worst it becomes piston ring land failure.

Gary

what do you recommend for the fuel injector upgrades i believe that I am running 285 ccper min wat would b a good increase and not to much

That really depends on how far up the fuel map their duty cycle is now.

The ideal is to have an injector that can be controlled at low pulse widths at idle, and still provide the horsepower required.

Some engine this can't be done achieved with only one injector per cylinder.

A too large injector say 40 lbs, 420cc becomes hard to control at low speed.

Your current 285 cc are about 27 lbs, you can probably go to 30 lbs, 315 cc.

So you need to talk to a tuner.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary