Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 so i changed the upstream…

Customer Question
I had a o2...

I had a o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 so i changed the upstream o2 sensor and now i have a p0171 code saying system too lean bank 1

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

All of the wiring looks okay and theres only 2 sensors it is a 4 cylinder and my downstream o2 sensor seems to work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2001 chrysler neone 2.0l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far all i have done my self was change the upstream o2 sensor i didnt start having issues until i took it in for an oil change approximately a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all the detail i have

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Did you have a previous code for the front O2 sensor? If so, what was the code?

i had a code p0134
It wasnt until i replaced the upstream o2 sensor that my system was showing too lean under code p0171

ok

It's likely that the front O2 sensor wasn't working properly until you replaced it. This code you have is a lean fuel mix code. Many times this code is cause by the front O2, but it can also be caused by the rear O2 sensor, intake vacuum leaks or low fuel pressure. Based on my experience I suspect you will have to replace the rear sensor. But I would first check the fuel pressure and test for any vacuum leaks. Also, exhaust leaks ahead of the sensors could cause this code to appear as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Which areas should i focus on looking for leaks

For intake leaks, I like to use a can of carb cleaner, then with the engine running, spray it all around the intake manifold. If the idle speed increases it means you have a leak in the intake system.