Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine code p 0700 but my trans is changing just great. Do…

Customer Question
engine code p 0700...

engine code p 0700 but my trans is changing just great.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Do yu mean by disconnecting battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2001 limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing myself because I am on social sec and I cant afford a mechanic I haven't tried anything because my trans is working perfectly so I don't know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, how much will this cost. I am living day to day on my income and I may not be able to afford it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/13/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The code P0700 set if there is a problem with the transmission and if that is the cases the system will set a code and or codes in the TCM (transmission control module). Is this the only code you are getting?