Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The malfunction indicator light came on. What does that

Customer Question
The malfunction indicator light...

The malfunction indicator light came on. What does that indicate?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2003 PT cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to - done nothing yet. my daughter is currently driving the car. This just happened yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/13/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Is the car running normally even though the light is on?

Ok, please give me a moment to type my reply.

Thanks

There are over 500 reasons for that light to come on. If the car is running normally then it's usually something to do with the evap emissions system. For example, if the gas cap is loose, it could cause the light to come on. It's not always a major issue causing the light to come on.

If the engine is running normally, I suggest checking the gas cap to make sure it's not loose, and if it is, tighten it up. If not, it's safe to continue to drive the car until it can be checked by a mechanic.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!