Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 chry 300 3.5 Car keeps stalling while driving. But

2001 chry 300 3.5 Car keeps...
2001 chry 300 3.5
Car keeps stalling while driving. But cranks right back up
Alternator tested bad and was changed....and if doesn’t seem to be running hot. No check engine light
3/13/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you keep it from stalling if you give it some gas?

One sec

Meaning what, it will stay running if you give it a bit of gas?

Shes now really sure....all she is saying is that it dies but cranks right back up.
I couldn’t make it repeat the symptoms
The battery tested bad and alternator yesterday
I changed alternator.....would the battery cause it to stall while driving?!

An alternator will not cause a stalling as long as the alternator is charging. Onee very common cause for this type of stalling if the engine does start right back is can be caused by sludge build in the throttle body. If your sure the new alternator is now charging the battery then try removing the air intake hose from the throttle body and see if there are any signs of build up on the throttle plate and if so, take some throttle body cleaner and a soft cloth or a toothbrush and give the bore and plate a good cleaning . After you have done this take the car for a ride and see if the stalling clears.

Alternator is holding at 13.7-13.8v
I’m about to check throttle body now

Your charging system voltage is within specs so yes, give the TB a good cleaning and let see if this will solve this for you.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Tb cleaning didn’t fix issue

OKay are you able to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting and if so can you post back with them?

No codes
I do see the cooking fans didn’t kick on
Changed relays test driving now

Okay .

Didn’t fix
Anything else I can check?
Where is cam sensor?
Or crank sensor? Couldn’t it cause a stall ?

In most cases, if the cam or the crank sensor was failing you would have a fault code to go along with it. Are you sure there are no fault codes?

Positive
Oil is muddy.....just did oil change

Well if you have no fault codes then you do not likely have a failing cam or crank sensor.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician