Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced a readio and now it needs a radio code? No i do…

Customer Question
Replaced a readio and...

Replaced a readio and now it needs a radio code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No i do not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 Town And Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just installed radio from salvage yard - needs code stopped there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio took out had code on top - wont work with this one

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
any ideas?
3/12/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 1 month ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have the receipt for the radio and your vehicle registration handy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm a car dealer and the radio was purchased from lkq online......have contacted them to see if Id number is ***** on replacement radio - no response yet
You will need a receipt for the radio showing it is t stolen and the vehicle registration of the vehicle the radio is going into and bring the documents into us (dealership) and within a few minutes we can give you the unlock code.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm a used car dealer and resent that insinuation.......i have explained this already
I don’t know what your referring to but we need to see proof the radio was purchased and the registration of the vehicle the radio is going in and then per chrysler we are allowed to give you the code. Without the documents you will not be able to get the code. I gave out codes here on Justanswer for years but now we can’t due to the high volumes of theft.Let me know,
Brad

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

This is still a open question.. Do you need more help?

Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician