Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Security light stay want disarm. Light flashes twice stay…

Security light stay want...

Security light stay want disarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Light flashes twice stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004 chyrsler sebring seden

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When key is turn to start position want start

3/12/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Unfortunately there is no fuse or relay to pull out to disable the security system ,we need to know what is wrong, key, rf signal, reciever , hood, door, trunk swithces locks etc to many parts involved

make sure the battery is charged and we can try a mater reset using procedure below if that does not ,You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Security Module needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Click on link to view security system operation on your vehicle

Some testing you can do

didn't work

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Anti theft Module needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

this is the wiring circuit and the fuse and switches and modules ,involved , u can at least check all fuses

How this happened , battery died ? or just suddenly ?

door locks ,driver side working ?

Left sides oF dash ,fuse box,

CHECK FUSE ,5,7,9,11

FUSE 10,23 IN THE UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX

CLICK ON THIS LINK , I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW FOR YOU THE FUSE IN QUESTION AND THE FUSE BOXES THERE IN

let me know

try starting several time went into shut down mode alarm light flashes twice stay on check fuses good

to be honest with you ,you need to have it scanned ,this is as much as you can do on it yourself ,

if you get me faults ,, can look up the pin point troubleshoot

if you look at the wiring diagram you can see how many parts left involved here or we will be guessing

we have a failed part in the system obviously and it is not a fuse or battery weak issue

ok thanks

You are very welcome :)

let me know ,u can always ask me follow ups

Chad Farhat