Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am still working on this windshield washer fluid thing.

Customer Question
There is a separate bottle...
I am still working on this windshield washer fluid thing. There is a separate bottle for that purpose only. It is hooked up somehow to the refrigeration system and when it is empty the refrigeration system does not work. I cannot send picture, I don't have the equipment.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/11/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

whats the year make and model and whats going on with the vehicle?

39;06 Chrysler Sebring Touring car. There is a small bottle for windshield fluid only. It must be hooked up to the a/c system because if it is empty, the a/c does not work. I am just trying to find out why it is there and why I am replacing catalytic converters every 2000 miles. Several other Chrysler mechanics do not agree with me. I have mechanics here that have seen this and scratch their heads. One mechanic here knows this because he replaces the converters. I also had to replace the manifold gasket. I bought the car in '06 or early '07 so, I figure it came from the factory this way. For me, this is an expensive headache. I can only tell you what the car does. No fluid in the bottle, something heats up. The engine does not get hot.

I feel this problem is something handled by being able to look at the vehicle, and because I cant I will open this up to the others to see if they can assist

Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here. Can you borrow someone's smartphone and take a photo and then use the paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar to upload it to here.

I think we have the problem solved. I don't do enough freeway driving and catalytic converter needs to be cleaned needs to get carbon cleaned out. Thanks for all your help.

HI,

Ok, I am glad you got it figured out