Dan, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician. ASE Master Certified, 15 years of experience
94707146

I was driving and it shut off in the middle of the road. It

Customer Question

I was driving and it shut off in the middle of the road. It will turn on but won't start. It's turning over. It's a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. We have changed several parts
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No they are not corroded. They are fine. I am now thinking it might have to do with the anti theft system the light would flash red then it was red and green light on
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes my mechanic that is my husband is. We replaced crank sensor, fuel pump, plugs and my alternator was replaced about 2 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's getting gas and fire
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

A security issue would cause a no crank issue. Since it turns over that rules out the security system.

You said its getting fuel and spark, that leaves compression and injector pulse. Start by trying to spray starting fluid in the throttle body while cranking the engine. If it runs on starting fluid then you know its a fuel issue.

Check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge. Lastly check compression with a compression gauge.

The engine needs spark, fuel and compression to run.

Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My husband said that he did that too. It still won't start. Do u think it's electrical
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

If it will not start with starting fluid, then you know its not a fuel issue so you do not have to check injector pulse. You need to check spark and perform a compression test. Also check for codes by turning the key on and off three times within 5 seconds. Codes will be displayed on the cluster, this is called the "key dance"

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need help?