Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 chrystler 200 and the radio shuts off when i…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 chrystler 200 and the radio shuts off when i une my signal, hit the brake to hard, switch on my wipers

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

It'll go off for about a minute and come back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its at a mechanic shop everything else worls fine works*

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
3/11/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You're most likely going to need a radio but it will require some electrical testing to know for sure. At the time the radio drops working it's power and ground and communication bus voltages need to be tested. If ok then the problem is internal in the radio. If you're missing a power or ground then the affected circuit will need to be investigated further. Wiring or power distribution problems are possible but not likely.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician