Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Town and Country. The driver's side pwr seat…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Town and Country. The driver's side pwr seat will not go backwards. It goes up, tilts and the back moves but no aft movement

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Nothing other than keep activating the switches. All the wires seem to be connected

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I have not checked the fuses but I figured that if a fuse was blown I wouldn't get any seat movement when I push the button. I have a Haynes repair manual but there are no wiring diagrams for that switch/motor assembly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/10/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The possible cases are the switch, motor, seat track.

If the seat will go forwards then it is rarely the motor to blame for not going rearward.

You mentioned wire diagrams, I have those if needed.

So lets first off check the signal from the switch. Unplug the motor and test both wires at the same time. Command the motor to move. One should be power and the other ground. If you leave your meter connected the same way. Pressing forward and then backward your reading should look like positive 12 volts and then negative 12 volts.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris