Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 chrysler Pacifica can't read computer. So it won't pass…

Customer Question
04 chrysler Pacifica can't...

04 chrysler Pacifica can't read computer. So it won't pass inspection

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Did that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The speedometer, temperature gauge stopped working, all the warning lights are on, and the radio stopped working.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/9/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
The problem is one of the control modules is faulty so it's jamming the
can bus. The can bus is a Communications bus in modern vehicles used to pass sensor values to each other rather than running a different sensor for each individual computer that needs it.I would highly suspect that the radio is the culprit, because in modern vehicles is actually control module you can scan with the scan tool, it's not functioning, and everything else seems to be working.Remove the radio and disconnect the electrical connectors from the back of it, that should allow the ABS module to pass the speed sensor value to it and the engine computer to send the coolant temp sensor value to the instrument cluster as well, and then communication should be restored with the scan tool as well.Please remember to accept if I've answered your question to your satisfaction you will be able ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.