Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid, needs a Auxiliary coolant…

Have a 2009 Chrysler...

Have a 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid, needs a Auxiliary coolant pump #5192031AD Chrysler stop making it, can I use a Diffident company pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

100k, good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

Maybe it is at dealers

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Yes you can use a pump from a different maker just keep in mind that the electrical connection style may be different. You may need to purchase a matching connector for the replacement pump that you can wire in to your existing harness..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

How do I find out which pump will match the one in the aspen now

Let me do some research on this to find out if there is anything out there that will have the same connector. It may take me until tomorrow to find info as I may need to do some detailed research on this..

I'll be back with you asap, thanks for your patience and understanding while I research this for you...

Thank you,

Robert

The dealer will not do this for me. and if you can figure this out, I my being doing this on the side and will maybe need to call you on the wiring in to your existing harness . ( my suv will not work with out this pump) thanks

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you? This is a Hybrid vehicle, correct?

Thank you,

Robert

last 8 digits of the VIN are 9F702769 , 112,000. miles the part # for the (TPIM Auxiliary coolant pump #(###) ###-####D )I have been told there are no more in USA and I have looked on line at a lot of places, they say this part is discontinued , not sure if they checked Canada
it is a Hybrid

Thanks,

I'll research this and get back with you tomorrow..

Thank you,

Robert

I found an aftermarket pump at Napa Online... There are several choices, just match up yours. Maybe you can visit your local Napa with the part in hand for comparison..

Click Here

Thank you,

Robert

If the link above doesn't take you directly to the pump go to napaonline.com, enter your make and model and search for auxiliary pump and several choices will come up...

Thank you,

Robert

Ok the one for almost 500. look a little it and cost all most the same money.It will take me a few day, to let you know what happens. thanks

Thank you,

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician