Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Has a P0733 GEAR RATIO ERROR IN 3RD. 23000. 2013 CHRYSLER…

Has a P0733 GEAR...

Has a P0733 GEAR RATIO ERROR IN 3RD

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

23000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2013 CHRYSLER 200=TOURING 2.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just had the code checked. Took it to dealer for recall. They didn't even notice the check engine light was on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess nto. That's all i know right now

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark>

Is that mileage correct, just 23,000?

Where there any other codes stored, or is P0733 the only one?

They was the only one. It was 3 times on the same read. Yes, 23000 miles on it.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, what that code indicates is that there is an internal issue with the transmission that relates to the application of third gear.

When this code is accompanied with other codes, there is often many more possibilities as to the cause, however, when this code sets by itself, it strictly means an internal issue.

So, unfortunately, you will need to have your transmission removed and overhauled in order to correct this.

I would suggest contacting your dealer and maybe pleading your case a little bit because of such low mileage and they might be able to help you out with a warranty repair, if you're not covered already.

I hope that helps to answer you question, but if you need anything further please let me know. Thanks.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician