Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It want start. I have replaced starter connecter and battery…

Customer Question
It want start Mechanic's...

It want start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I have replaced starter connecter and battery still want start what could it be

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2003 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the battery starter and connecters

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 17500 miles

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
3/8/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
eric remington

DO U HAVE A VOLT METER

No but I heard it may be the timing belt so I really don't think it is worth 500.
How much time do u think it would take me to fix it myself?
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

D​OES ENGINE SPIM OVER REAL Fast could be flooded or timimg belt pull external cover see if belt rotates

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

e​ngine mounts fail a lot on t hese good time to change them when doing timing belt..so 175k ...if you get rid of vehicle can you afford to replace with something else? is transmission good

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

awhile severa hours as you probably don't have lift and you will need to jack engine up and down a bit with jack and block of wood replace all mounts and water pump if engine seals leak change those too change tblet tensioner change external belts alternator belt etc, new coolant new mounts go to rock auto to order but confirm that is problem

Ok I will take a look at that... On another note I was trying to not buy new car with a car payment due to the fact that I'm trying to buy a house so I kind of wanted to keep this one if it's not worth it then I'll just get it rid of it.
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

well you don't want a note with a house on the way....I would gamble on your old vehicle or get another used vehicle in good shape like form an elderfly person best people to buy cars form...independent owner not these scheister car max delaers etc

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

it may take some time but if trans fluid is good fix if terans fluid is black find another car a used one

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
How's it going?
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

If you have no further questions I would apprecite you rating me as that is how I am compensated. If you need more help I can and will help. Thank you for choosing Just Answer