Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking on where I can get software reloaded for my 2009…

Customer Question
Looking on where I...

Looking on where I can get software reloaded for my 2009 ?Sebring convertible. The top has forgotten where it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No just where I can get the software reloaded.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
I am located in Jacksonville, Florida.
3/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 4 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

Local dealership is saying it is discontinued.

You can come into any Dodge dealership and we can connect our WiTech scantool to reload the software for you.. The charge will be 1 hour labor which is around 100.00..

What do you mean they said it's discontinued? Did they connect the scantool?

They said they do not have software for the 2009 model years. Two dealership have told me that.

Can I get your VIN number?

1C3LC55D49N508098

I have pulled up your Bright Silver Sebring.. Now you said the top has forgot where it's at? Do you mean the top will not operate correctly? Do you know what codes are in the PTM(Power Top Module)?

No they have not given me the codes. They say it just needs to be reloaded.

The software is reloaded with our Witech scantool, if they can't reload it then you will need to replace the PTM. But I suspect you have a bad sensor which is causing your issues and a new PTM will not resolve your issues.. If you had the codes then I could tell you exactly what was wrong and how to repair it...

Thanks, ***** ***** help. We have contacted Chrysler cares and they called around to other dealerships all saying the same thing. They do not have the file. They have opened a case file on this as it is a safety concern and possible lawsuit of anything happens before it is fixed.

Then you will need to replace the PTM as it comes with the latest software... The part number is ***** and there is plenty of stock...

Let me know,

Brad

What is the cost for that unit?

It lists for 255.00

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Do you need more help?

I see that this question is still open.. Did you need more help?

If your all set then I would appreciate a positive rating,

Brad