Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 300c CRD gas pedal stops working on highway. I am

2006 300c CRD gas pedal...
2006 300c CRD gas pedal stops working on highway.I am driving on the highway and the gas pedal stops working, I have to pull over. The car idles fine but doesn't respond to the gas pedal. I turn the engine off and on agan, now I can drive but the car is very weak. Sometimes I have to pull over 2-3 times within one hour, sometimes only once or none at all.
It happens only on highway (over 100 kmh).
It happens only while accelerating.
The pedal position sensor in EVIC recognizes the pedal being pressed.
The MAP sensor was replaced, nothing changed.
The throttle body was cleaned (not replaced), nothing changed.Any help would be appreciated.
3/2/2018
eric remington

n you access the data link connector and extract codes so that the pcm can indicate the underlying issue. I would make a visual inspection underhood and ck fluids etc. as a first step. You may have a bad throttle sensor or computer or bad connection in that circuit. But see if you can scan the powertrain control module

an​y local parts house has a an inexpensive scanner to sell or they wil scan yours for free. let me know what codes are stored in computer memory Thank yu

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We checked the codes 2 weeks ago:
0471 (3x)
2002
242F (3x)
C106 (2x)
The ignition module and the particulate filter are missing for the past 2 years.
Last year a red warning light came up, but it disappeared when I restarted the engine. #20 on this picture: https://www.justanswer.com/uploads/tableland/2009-02-05_161639_2009-02-05_081741.png

let me have vehicle id number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Umm...which one is that?
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number - is on lower left of the windshield or the tag on the driver door) and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The last 8 digits are 6Y117999. The odometer reads 260000 kms but according to my mechanic it ran at least 500000 kms. It is customary in my country that they rewind/reset the odometer when they sell a car to make it look like less used, so usually you will never know the true mileage of your car.

I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...

The code that you need to pay special attention to is the P0471. This is a code pertaining to the exhaust pressure sensor. If there is a code for this sensor present, it WILL cause the engine to go into limp mode. This can also cause the electronic throttle light to illuminate (red light you referred to above)., To start, you will need to fix this code and the vehicle should run ok after that.. I'm posting the procedure to diagnose this code. --->> Click Here to view <<---

Here is another document related to this code that may apply to your vehicle... --->> Click Here to view <<---

As for the P242, it can be disregarded since the DPF has been removed. As for the other two codes, I have been unsuccessful in finding any info.

At this time I recommend to diagnose or replace the exhaust pressure sensor and then go from there. The exhaust pressure sensor is mounted to the right side of the engine (Passenger side) near the rear of the exhaust manifold...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Robert,
we have replaced the exhaust pressure sensor, yesterday the car did not stop, which is a good sign. I'll make 3 more trips next week and will let you know if there was any problem.regards
Gabor

Thank you

______________________________________

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician