Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driver door does not latch. 2005 pacifica. And nothing so…

Driver door does not...

Driver door does not latch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing so far... just happened yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fob unlocked all other doors but not driver door. i had to force the lock from the inside and then the door just opened and will not latch. i HAVE tried to work with the latch in the door itself and it does go to locked position (so the door won't close), but it won't latch and stay latched.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Fob is fine.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/12/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

So, what you'll need to do is hold the outside handle in the open position, and then flip the latch back to the open position and this will allow the door to latch closed again.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Tried that... didn't work.
I mentioned that when I first connected to the screener...

Thanks for the reply, I did see you mention playing with the latch but there was no mention of holding the handle open so I wasn't sure. If it didn"t work by using the outside handle, try again using the inside handle. If that doesn't work, then you'll have no choice but to replace the latch.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks.

I'll try that. The lock mechanism was VERY hard to toggle, and now doesn't work. all of the other functions on the door work, so the electronics are sound... when I finally got the lock toggle to unlock, that's when the door stopped latching... and the lock toggle does not work (go on and off...). thank you...
You’re very welcome.
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician