Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No heat right side. cooling system has been flushed with a…

No heat right side...

No heat right side. cooling system has been flushed with a solution of cooking vinegar.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

The engine does have stable temp when in operation not hot or cold Normal op temp. seems like thermostat is working no heat on right side of cabin esp at lowest level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 200. manufactured 1-12.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Flushed out cooling system with vinegar and water to remove sludge. Flushed an reverse flushed heater core. cleared with clean water. Refilled with anti-freeze and water. checked door operation on right side with camera scope: OK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I guese i'd just like to find a solution that won't cost 1000,s of $'s for what I believe should have been covered under warranty.

2/12/2018
Pete, Mechanic

How many miles on your car? I have replaced heater cores on these, with as low as 60,000 miles. The cores partially plug up and you loose either the left or right side heat. I have tried CLR descaler in the past. Had some luck. If you fill the core with CLR and let it sit overnight,you might get lucky.

97,853km. CLR? I was told it might harm the aluminum core?

I have used it a couple of times in the past. You don"t want to run it through the rest of the cooling system but if you like just dilute it with water and let it sit for 3 or 4 hours. It is worth a try. Otherwise you will have to do the core And that is a big job.

Thankyou, I will try CLR as you have suggested.

Good luck with your car.

Pete, Mechanic