Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car lights up but well not crank its in p. It's in park…

Customer Question
The car lights up...

The car lights up but well not crank its in p

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes it's in park but the dash say it's in drive

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2007 Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

2007 Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm trying to get it to crank need to get in the trunk

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
2/6/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

This indicates that the shifter or shift cable is broken. The shifter might be in park, but the transmission is not. You will have to look at the cable out on the transmission while you get a helper to move the shifter and see if the cable moves. If it's come off out there you can reattach it and see if it will work. If not, then oyu will have to take the cover off the shifter and see if it's broken in there.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Thought I would touch base and see if you needed any more help with this?