Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No crank or cam sensor signal showing with scan tool, No…

Customer Question
No crank or cam...

No crank or cam sensor signal showing with scan tool, No start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No , No start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 chrsler pacifica 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put a flexplate and starter in in , no start since then

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
2/6/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.

Thanks

2C4GM68495R674058

while i'm getting info what make and model scan tool you have?

thanks

Snap on verdict

did you perform crank sensor relearn?

do keep me in the loop

no, we tested for voltage to crank sensor, scan tool while cranking appears there is no crank or cam signal

any codes in the ecu

After re placing flexplate and starter, without dropping the carraige, it was a little tight. tought maybe broken wire We did replace crank sensor . still the same

so it came in with a no start from the get go?

What is the relearn procedure. We have serviced car for awhile. Put a starter in it a month ago, and advised them , they needed a flexplate. They ran it till starter would no longer engage. I would answer yes it was fine before flexplate install. Trying to figure why no cam or crank sensor signal ,therefore no start

when the flywheel is changed a relearn of the crankshaft sensor to flywheel is needed and is done through the scan tool . so I know that the factory scan tool can do that but i'm not sure your scan tool

I will give it a try

ok keep me updated and scan the module to see if any codes are stored

thanks

According to Chrysler, no relearn is needed. Its scans all systems, during first battery disconnect code, but on the majority of systems it read pcm not communacating. Everthing was cleared and resets done. Still no crank or cam senser signal showing on data. Therefore a no-start. Looking for a good PCM trouble-shootting chart. What do u think
All systems, according to scan tool are communacating with no codes. In Data function, while cranking, we have no crank or cam senser signal showing
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

You may have multiple problems are you may not be seeing accurate data from the scan tool. Unless wiring was damaged or the timing belt coincidentally broke then replacing the flexplate wouldn't affect cam signal.

What specifically are you looking at when trying to determine if cam and crank signals are present?

We are in Data. While cranking data says no cam or crank signal. Scanning all areas this morning, the body control was the the only failure , which was Vin message not recieved, I assume from the pcm. Also having off and on communications using scan tool. Im going with PCM, I may be wrong, if so back on it.

But what are the actual pieces of data you're looking at called? A screen shot or video would help.

That would be live data. Key on, no crank or cam sensor , that would be normal. but key on , starter engaged and cranking..live data says no cam or crank sensor signal

I understand it's live data but I'm trying to determine what you're looking at and if it's even relevant, which is why a screen shot or video would help.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician