Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I am having the same code as the above comments as well as…

I am having the...

I am having the same code as the above comments as well as U1424

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

And U1504

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Chrysler(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just took it to atuozone and these are the codes they gave me but I just recently replaced my battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And a new oil change that's all

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Is your vehicle 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
K

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
4

Let me check. Please stand by.

Were the codes present before or after the battery replacement?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
After
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
After I replaced the battery

The codes you have are usually caused by a loss of steering angle sensor which could have happened when battery was disconnected. IT is very common on new chrysler vehicles. Calibrating the steering angle sensor with a compatible scan tool is the first step and usually that is the only issue.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What does this mean because my car is having trouble starting because of this

What kind of starting issue are you experiencing?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Like it want start as soon as I push it I have to open a door then close it then start the car
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Is my battery hooked up wrong or something

If the battery is connected wrong it will not start at all. Do you know if the correct size battery was used?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
That I don't know I am thinking back not maybe not

The code u1424 shows up when ECM (Compouter) is not communicating with other modules. That is usually caused by a low battery, wrong size battery, blown fuses or faulty with ECM or any other module.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
AutoZone is looking to make sure looks like the black wire wasn't tighten

That can also trigger these codes.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Looks like the battery wasn't properly installed

Did they clear the codes afterwards?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Trying to see if this is in fact the issue now the battery end is actually to small for this battery I purchased it from oriellys

Ok. Keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok they don't have the batty ends I need going to another store

Improper battery connection can definatley cause communication issues with the module. Especially if it happened after battery replacement. Also make sure they check that correct size battery was used.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok I'll ask when they remove the old battery heads but I'm wondering if they would know because this is a different company

The brand name may be different but the battery specifications stamped/ printed on top of the battery should be same.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
UhhjrrdfgQlqk will soon jwh h3jej3j3hejmdneejejkeke j k kk jjek l isudghjhwjwwjqjwjwwwaj1

I did not get the last message

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Right battery I need a battery end
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok looks like I have the right battery but I need a battery end

Ok

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Last question is this a easy fix and when will they give the 5$ deposit back

Battery terminal should be any easy fix. You will need to contact the customer service for the deposit.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok what's the customer service number and it was just the battery was not installed properly I took it to the car lot mechanic and he tighten everything up

I will transfer you to the customer service once the request is closed. Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No sir you have been amazing

Thank you and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Customer service please
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh