sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have put 4 alternators, computer,transmission module on

i have put 4 alternators, computer,transmission module on this car and new battery, something is still draining the battery, it cranked after putting the transmission module on and than went dead less than 20 minutes later, put on charger and let sit, now all it wants to do is turn over, won't crank
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: my son did before we put the transmission module on, that was what the meter said was wrong, haven't checked battery, but it is brand new
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 1996 chrysler sebring convertible 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, like i said 4alternators, new computer, transmission module, and new battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want to know why now it won't start, just turns over

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may be missing spark for a number of reasons, you could be missing fuel pressure, you could have a cam timing issue, it could be fuel quality or an exhaust restriction.

The first steps in diagnosing the problem would be to check for fuel pressure, spark and to check for fault codes. Has any of this been done?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No none of this has been done, yesterday we took the starter fuse and another fuse out and let it sit for about 10 minutes and than put them back in, it started, i drove it down the road and back and did fine until I pulled back into my son's yard and it died again, there was another man there who is a mechanic and when he started pressing on different wires after jumping it, it would cut off. There is an extra wire plug hanging close to the altenator, i was told that it was so if the alternator had a square hole instead of the round on that is on my car that it was interchangeable, is that true? I have never noticed this wire before the alternators was put on.

Can you upload a picture of the connector you're question?