Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The liftgate won't unlock to open. 2018 touring. I pulled…

The liftgate won't unlock...

The liftgate won't unlock to open

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2018 touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the liftgate fuse modual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I heard there is time delay and the dash indicated says it is not latched

1/21/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the body controller isn't seeing that the liftgate is closed then it isn't going to try to open it. If it is showing that the liftgate is open when it is not then you either have a bad latch, a wiring issue, possibly an internal body controller issue. The most likely cause would be the latch itself. As long as there is no physical damage that caused this and the vehicle isn't out of warranty for some reason then diagnosing and repairing the issue will be a covered repair.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician