Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I'm driving it makes an ugly grinding or some weird…

Customer Question
When I'm driving it...

When I'm driving it makes an ugly grinding or some weird sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the engine, and it started about 3 days ago after it froze. So I'm not sure if something is frozen or what it could be.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 Chrysler 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a 200, and I haven't tried anything yet because I don't really know Wat could be wrong with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The noise starts as I accelerate but it gets louder as I pick up speed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/20/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any warning lights on?

Is it related to wheel speed or engine rpm?

Does it occur in neutral?

No lights are on and I'm not sure what it is related to. It sounds to me like if there is a nail in The tire, but the noise is coming from inside the engine not the tire. No it only occurs while I'm driving.
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics