Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had the 100,000 mile service Oct 2016, which included a

Customer Question
Had the 100,000 mile...

Had the 100,000 mile service Oct 2016, which included a third alternator replacement and all new belts and plugs, etc.. Car is at 108,000 now getting a metallic brush sound on the first start turnover.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

All the belts were changed at the 100,000 mile service

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Chrysler?

Its a 2006 T&C mini van\

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I'm old. I don't want to risk driving it as I know that it could be the big serpentine belt slipping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it Thx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/19/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! You could have a pulley locking up, are you working on this and need advice on how to troubleshoot it?