Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 pacifica both power front seats stopped working. the…

2003 pacifica both power...

2003 pacifica both power front seats stopped working. the 40amp fuse #8 is o.k. I have 12.5 volts at the battery, 12.5 volts at the fuse, 10.5 volts at the power seat circuit breaker under the dash with the key off, with the key on the voltage at the circuit breaker is 9.5. the circuit breaker is o.k.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. 2003 pacifica both power front seats stopped working. the 40amp fuse #8 is o.k. I have 12.5 volts at the battery, 12.5 volts at the fuse, 10.5 volts at the power seat circuit breaker under the dash with the key off, with the key on the voltage at the circuit breaker is 9.5. the circuit breaker is o.k.

1/18/2018
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, sorry this is happening, this should be an easy fix, let me pull up a diagram and get you some things to check to get this working again,.

Lou

do you also have the adjustable pedal option?

if so can you see if they work also?

let me go check.

ok thanks

it does have adjustable pedals and no they do not work either

ok thanks, ***** ***** this issue its usually a failed heated seats/power seat/adjustable pedal module (all the same module it performs all functions)

I will get you the connector pinouts and the location for you to test for power and ground to the module , if you have that then the module will need to be replaced and the pedal up and down stops relearned.

give me a few moments please/

Lou

ok here you go, its all the info you would ever need :)

any issues let me know,

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

that is a lot of info to go through it might take me a little bit. my last question for now... is the voltage drop to 9.5 volts with the key on - normal - at the power seat circuit breaker(under the dash)?

nope that tells me low battery voltage, any fuse circuit will have battery voltage.

and as for the info, the bulletin and the connector 1 diagram are the meat and potatoes.

if module has power and ground module is bad.

Lou

I will not bug you but please do not forget to rate me for my assistance, if you need future help by all means let me know,

hope it all works out for you.

Lou

just to clarify...the C4 connector (2 pin) is the power and ground - correct? the C1, C2, C3 connectors don't show power or ground in the diagrams. (I will click the rating in a little bit.)

yes that is correct, i misspoke when i said connector 1 maybe ill have to look over the info again but the small 2 pin is the money shot,

Lou

I have power and ground at the module...so if I buy a new module that should fix the problem?

yep, that is the culprit.

nice !

Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
thank you, I'm clicking five stars.

no no thank you , any issues please let me know, i will do what I can to help.

Lou