Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Instrument cluster not responding. No lights, door locks…

Instrument cluster not responding...

Instrument cluster not responding. No lights, door locks inoperable and truck will not respond to button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Yep. I was told that everything is checking out fine. Supposedly, it may be a control box or something like that.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2009 Chysler 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. Took it to two different shops. Both checked fuses. The lights and locks work with the scanner though

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

1/17/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What could possibly be the issue with the instrument cluster not responding. No lights, door locks and trunk won't open
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone call please
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not near my car at this time

how and when did the problem first begin?

To avoid asking you to do something you’ve already tried, can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just went out all of a sudden. I exited the vehicle Sunday and attempted to lock the doors and it would not respond. I noticed the lights weren't working and I could not access the trunk

ok..when you get at the car..try this..

let me know if this fixed the problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took it to the repair shop and they ran some tests. Everything checked out ok. However, they noticed the instrument cluster was not responding and recommended changing some sort of module. Quoted price was about 1000. Does this seem plausible.

i would think they are talking about the body control module[bcm]..

yes,,that is possible

but,try the battery cables first like i gave you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My battery is in the trunk. Can't access currently. Too dark. I would have to try to access trunk through back seats. Button not working.

hmm

i wold like to see you try this,,becuse this will reset the bcm and everything may start back working

why the negative rating?

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic