Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible. I recently had…

Hello Pearl, I have...

Hello Pearl, I have a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible. I recently had the Main hydraulic cylinders rebuilt. After reinstalling, the top doesn't know if it is up or down and the rear spoiler will only go up if the rear converible bow is released. I assume the PTCM needs to be reset. I purchased a OBDII reader and can't seem to figure out how to use it to reset the PTCM codes. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

The OBDII shows no codes. The only reset I have tried is turning the ignition on and off 5 times waiting 10 seconds in between.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am. I have only tried what is mentioned above.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks.

1/16/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

I purchased a OBDII reader and can't seem to figure out how to use it to reset the PTCM codes. Can you help?
???
.

A "typical" OBD READER cannot access the Top Control Module
You need a Scan Tool that can access ALL the different Modules to CLEAR Codes & Reprogram
Use of Dealer Scan Tool DRB III or Equal is needed
Some Shops may charge less than Dealer

Connect the DRB III(R) scan tool to the Data Link Connector.
Turn the Ignition Switch on and access the DTC Functions screen.
Select "Clear DTCs" and clear all DTCs in the new replacement Power Top Control Module (PTCM).
Turn the Ignition Switch OFF and then ON 5 times with a 10 second pause between each ignition cycle.
Clear all Power Top Control Module DTCs.

.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolve

Don - Mo Lurch