Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How can I silence the seat belt dinging on my Chrysler 2014…

Customer Question
How can I silence...

How can I silence the seat belt dinging on my Chrysler 2014 Town and Country Minivan?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

It's not 'acting up', it's the normal alarm that I hate listening to

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself, I've looked in the owners manual and saw nothing. I just bought it used at the Chrysler lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope...that's my only issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/16/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately the beltminder has to be disabled with a scan tool. Your best bet is to get the dealer you bought it from to do it. Most dont mind a few minute job to a customer who just bought the vehicle.

For reference see page 79 of the manual here where it shows that it has to be done with a scan tool.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

you're saying I can't do this myself? Not real helpful

I apologize for that. Unfortunately I did not program the vehicle I was just answering the question you asked.

I did give you a helpful tip which is the dealer you bought it at will most likely disable it for you for free.