Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is oil running out between the heads on a 3.6 literV6…

Customer Question
There is oil running...

There is oil running out between the heads on a 3.6 literV6 Chrysler town and country van.its coming from under the fuel inection system and its very hard to see in there

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Its starts ok.its not mine I'm just trying to help a friend locate where or what is leaking the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Town and Country?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are still trying to figure out where the oil is coming from

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its running out on the drivers side of engine and runs down thr transmission the is a coolant hose and wires in the way of seeing under the fuel system

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/14/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: camerontech, Technician replied 7 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Technician

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

this is a common issue with these engines.

the oil leak is usually coming from the oil filter housing body.

this is caused by over tightening the oil filter cover when changing the oil and filter.
this is a bit of a design issue in my opinion from chrysler as they make them too tall and cannot tolerate over tightening the cap when changing the filter.
this will need to be inspected in this area . i use a inspection camera to pinpoint this

let me know id i can assist you any further and i would be happy to help!

please take a moment to rate me and i am always available for follow ups after rating!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings

cam

Hi there!

how did your repair go?

please dont forget to rate me!

thanks