Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got this code when I tested with my OBDII tester. U0171…

Customer Question
Hi I got this...

Hi I got this code when I tested with my OBDII tester

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

U0171 lost communication w/UP-front right satellite Acceleration sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 and right hand drive UK model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just checked with my OBD tester because AIRBAG light is on the dasboard

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just would like to know is the problematic part is on the real right driver side in UK model ? I'm electrical engineer but don't want to do bigger trouble in my car does it need to go to a service? I tried to reset the coder but came in againn

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/12/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 7 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

What kind of 2008 vehicle do you have, or your VIN would be helpful?

moment
1A8HTH4948B129174
THERE IS ANOTHER CODE : ee11*2001/116*0144
is it ok for you?

Thanks for the VIN!!!

Ok if your planning on repairing this yourself then you will need to follow the test I have attached.. It will walk you thru all the tests needed to determine the cause of your code...

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

thank you so much I'll check thePDF

You are very welcome!!

Also remember: You can reply back to e as many times as needed even after the rating..

Good luck,

Brad

thanks hope I can repair it myself thanks for your help

Take care,

Brad