Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It wont start' with my key but if i use the light tester it…

Customer Question
It wont start' with...

It wont start' with my key but if i use the light tester it starts my car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The light tester

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005,chrysler 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive put a starter on it, checked all my fuses and replaced the starter sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No hun, thats it!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/9/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 6 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** you tell me where do you put the test light ?

On the starter relay fuse box cuz the fuse aint grinding and it will start tje car but not with the key
Im under the hood and i take the light tester and while someone else is in the car turning the key,the car starts up but it wont start with me putting the key in the switch,it wont start

When the computer sees an ignition signal it will provide a ground signal to the starter relay the signal is a ground, by you using a test light you are bypassing that signal and the engine will crank over

does the engine cranks and starts?

It does crank and start but it won’ run by

ok yes this is because is missing that ground to the relay, let me look up the wiring on this vehicle and get back to you in 5 minutes.

is this a 6 cylinder or 8?

6 cyclinder

Check Fuse 10 in the Integrated Power Module (IPM) under the hood for voltage in the cranking position. Power comes from the Ignition Switch.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplies a ground on pin 86 of the starter relay when the vehicle is in Park or Neutral and when the vehicle alarm is off. Check for a ground on pin 86 at the starter relay. Check the Dark Green/Orange wire at PCM on pin 38 of the C3 connector.

What’s the C3 connector

is the connector at the engine controller ( PCM )

this connector is black and it has 38 pin s on it you need to check pin 38