Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MY CAR OVERHEATS ONLY ON THE HIGHWAY

Customer Question
MY CAR OVERHEATS ONLY ON THE HIGHWAY
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/8/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

You could have a weak hose being sucked down by the water pump at higher rpms, I would check that out first

the house appears to be in good shape no weak we run the car for hours and it only overheats when i am driving over 70 mph for a few minutes if i drive it slower then 70 mph it doesn't overheat

I would run it at 3000 for a few minutes after it get to operating temp and monitor the hoses just to be sure

which hose upper or lower hose ??

both and any other hoses as well

okay let me run it for a few minutes

make sure it get to operating temp before you do the full on test

Tempeture gage a3/4 hoses are fine

if thats ok I would next do a head gasket test

Head gasket was replaced w water pump

That dosent mean anything, if improperly done you could have a leak or parts failure, I would check that next

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician