Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Blinking red light below the N (neutral). Went to church, no…

Customer Question
Blinking red light below...

Blinking red light below the N (neutral). Went to church, no light. Came home from church, blinking. Back in van now, not blinking. Have never seen it before. Town & Country, 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

I don't know what light it is. Just the location. The word "brake" is below the P for park, but that was not lit up. The blinking red light was to the right of the word "Brake" and below the letter N for neutral. It blinked constantly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Right now we are driving it, but the light is not on. I've never seen it before. Don't know any more than that. Haven't tried anything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

The red dot you are seeing is the security indicator. If the vehicle has an issue reading the chip in your key or fob then this red dot will light up. Since your van is still starting and running normally I don't believe it is going to give you immediate grief, but the sooner you can get this looked at by a shop the better because potentially, it may not start at some point.

I hope that helps, but if you need anything further just let me know. Thanks.