Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2014 dodge dart r/t 2.4l engine, my son attempted to install…

Customer Question
2014 dodge dart r/t 2.4l...
2014 dodge dart r/t 2.4l engine, my son attempted to install a radio, unableto install at this time. Disconnected wiring hanness and during process blew the fuse. WE found the radio fuse and replaced. we now have dtc codes u1110,u1120 and u1504, check engine light,abs light, traction control light, service brake system light on and hvac blower not working. Cleared several times only to return. Disconnected battery and pcm but still returns.Blower works after battery reconnected but start and run engine and it stops working. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Lou P, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello Eric, can you tell me if any wires were cut?

what EXACTLY did he do so i know which way we need to lean to get you taken care of?

sorry i apparantly do not have access to this wiring i will have to opt out.

my apologies.

Lou

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may simply have blown fuses or there could be a module related issue.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?

What fuse was blown previously?
Are any fuses blowing currently?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician