Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Chrysler Pacifica has two issues, the fuel gauge will…

Customer Question
My Chrysler Pacifica has...

My Chrysler Pacifica has two issues, the fuel gauge will drop to empty when reaching 1/2 a tank. Also it will spew back and shut the pump off when trying to fill. Slowly can fill it a little at a time . Have had it to a dealer and they put on the charcoal Evaporate canister and two new jet pumps but did not solve the problem, $829.00 worth.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Is there a solution to the problem? Not wanting to pay for new fuel tanks as they are expensive.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pacifica?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to a dealer to fix but didn't.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok the vent valve for the fuel fill is part of the canister assembly. if it still does the same thing there may be a restriction in the fill tube or the vent hose off the canister.

as far as the level, the float needs to be checked to see why this is happening. it is inside the tank and should be checked while it is in operation. can you access the tank unit???

Roy

are you there???