Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The eletric throttle control light is coming on after I

Customer Question
The eletric throttle control...

The eletric throttle control light is coming on after I drove about maybe 5 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The eletric throttle control light symbol

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2015 chrysler 200 limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a chrysler 200

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Most of the time when then electric throttle light is lit, it indicates a problem with the electric throttle body. There should be a code set in memory. Do you have a way to check the engine codes in the vehicles computer?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

The eletric throttle control light symbol coming on in my chrysler 200 its a 2015

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

No I'm trying to see what should I do and see how much it costs

Ok. The problem should be addressed because depending on whats wrong the vehicle could go into a limp mode.

I will give you your options on what you should do. But first, do you plan on working on it yourself, or taking it to a mechanic?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Taking it to a mechanic

Ok. A mechanic will first check the codes that are stored in the engine computer and then perform some diagnostic steps to try and locate the source of the problem. Depending on if you go to an independant garage or a dealer you will pay 50-100 dollars for it to be checked. THen once the problem is discovered then can get you a price on the part and labor to replace it.

If you actually do need the throttle body, it is about 250 dollars.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

What is the throttle body and what it does

The throttle body is on the engine and it is what electronically opens and closes when you step on accelerator pedal to give the engine more rpms. It is an important input to the engine and that is why it had its own trouble light on the dash.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Is the car drivable

Yes the car is driveable. But there is always a chance if the fault occurs again the car could go into a limp home mode with limited throtttle actuation.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Do you have any more questions on this issue for me?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician