Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I accidently started my emergency lights to go on. I read…

Customer Question
I accidently started my...

I accidently started my emergency lights to go on. I read the manual and it says to press the unlock button on my key for 4 to 12 seconds then press the lock button and then remove both buttons. It does nothing I had to disconnect the battery while looking for a solution.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The emergency light ie: all four lights are blinking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2007 Chrysler PT cruiser.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried pushing my unlock button on my key for 4 to 10 seconds then pressing the lock button on the key and then releasing them both as described in the manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just had the car repaired from an accident it has driven well so far.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will the car start?

When the turn signals are flashing are they flashing in the instrument cluster too?

Is the hazard switch not responsive?

The car will start I had to disconnect the battery to stop the lights from flashing. I have tried multiple times to turn them off according to the vehicle manual. By holding pressing the unlock button on my key for four seconds and then pressing the lock button and releasing both buttons. It does not work.

Is the hazard switch not responsive?

The car will start. The lights start flashing as soon as I connect the battery. I can start the car and the lights continue to flash. These are the emergency lights ...(all four turn signals). Otherwise the car runs fine. The manual says to hold the unlock button on the key pad for 4 to 12 second and then press the lock button on the key and then release both buttons at the same time,. It does nothing. holding the unlock button I can hear the doors unlock pressing the lock button does nothing,
enough already. Stop all response and end this. It is costing me too much money. I will take the car to a car mechanic tomorrow. Thank you. Time 9:22

Sorry, you were not able to respond to the 2 questions I asked. Sorry, you paid for nothing in return. Best of luck.