Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My parking lights will not go out and it's not related to my…

Customer Question
My parking lights will...

My parking lights will not go out and it's not related to my light switch I think it has something to do with my alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No trouble codes brake lights are working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

1992 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fifth Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes disconnecting my light switch in the parking light still stay on the alarm went off one day and when I got it turned off the parking lights would not go off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/7/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

IF you have an aftermarket alarm or remote start that is connected to the park lamps and this problem started as a result of the alarm going off then a failure of the alarm/remote start module is almost certain. What you'll want to do is locate and disconnect the module under the driver's side of the dash and see if the lights go out. If so then the module is going to need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

This is not an after-market alarm and I've been told I can't disconnect the factory alarm that's what I wanted to do

Factory security does not illuminate the park lamps.

What switch did you unplug?

I unplug the light switch in the dash that you turn your headlights on and off with totally disconnected it and still have parking lights the factory alarm makes the lights blink when the alarms going off the parking lights it went off one day I disarmed it by using the key in the door but the parking lights would never go out

Factory security flashes the headlamps.

Have you owned the car since new?