Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to know EXACT location of the transmission control

Customer Question
solenoid on a 2000 Chrysler...
Need to know EXACT location of the transmission control solenoid on a 2000 Chrysler LHS. Can't find any diagrams of the engine compartment on-line
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

Are you looking for the transmission control module??

OR

Is it a particular solenoid you are looking for, and there is more than one so please be specific.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. The solenoid assembly on this transmission is mounted inside the transmission on top of the valve body.

The control module however is under the hood. You'll need to get the cruise control servo, and washer reservoir out of the way. There is one screw and nut securing the mounting bracket, remove those and pull the bracket and module out together. installation is just reversing your steps.

Hope that helps.

Thanks much. I'll be in touch if there's any snags

Sounds good. Good Luck!

Okay, I'm assuming it's the grey module next to the fuse box. Does this simply need to be reprogrammed? Here's my issue. There's a hard shift from 2nd to 1st gear, and also when I put in it in reverse. I can't remember the error code that essentially said to replace the solenoid, and the car's been sitting so long I need to charge the battery to see if I can pull the code again. I'll be removing the module in the morning, as I want to see if I can get the error code to turn up again first. I'm guessing I need to pull the fuse box out of the way too.

As I mentioned, the solenoids are inside the transmission and the part under the hood is the module aka computer. If you are getting a code for a solenoid then that is inside the trans.

Hope that helps.