Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 09 pt cruiser with codes p0700 and p0882. have

Customer Question
Have a 09 pt...

Have a 09 pt cruiser with codes p0700 and p0882. have cleaned all the grounds and power wires, changed trans relays and out put sensor and still havingthe same codes

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

144537. and yes it starts fine. at first it would do it so often. but once i changed the the relays i cant even go a block without throwing the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, output sensor, both trans relays and cleaned all grd conections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont what to do next. how long before you get back to me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/6/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, possible causes. this is not a component failure it is an electrical failure

I am looking for a wiring diagram

Roy

ok wiring diagram attached. check the fuse listed for power on both sides.

the most common failure for this is the totally integrated power module which is the fuse block

The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly and to the PCM when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly in the event that the transmission should need to be placed into "limp-in" mode due to a DTC.

After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control System request for the circuit to be powered up. The request is sent by a direct circuit control from the PCM to the TIPM. If the Transmission Control System detects less that 3.0 volts when the output is commanded on, the DTC will set. Note: Inadequate Transmission Control Output voltage can also cause DTCs P0846, or P0871, to set. This does not indicate an internal transmission or solenoid/TRS problem. Repairing the P0882 fault should also eliminate the related DTCs.

- When Monitored:
When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.

- Set Condition:
This DTC is set when there is less than 3.0 volts present at the transmission control output circuits located in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) when the Transmission Control System requests the power up of those circuits. Note: Due to the integration of the Transmission Control Module and the Powertrain Control Module, both systems have their own power and ground circuits..

<div class="no-zoom-container ng-scope" "="" ng-click="vm.repairService.goToADConnectURL(vm.repairService.repairObject.url + '/image_article/1/')" style="box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; position: relative; font-family: app; speak: none; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; line-height: 1; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 10px 25px; font-size: 14px;">

Always perform the 40/41TE Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. See: Computers and Control Systems > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting Procedure

1. CHECK IF THE DTC P0882 IS CURRENT
1. With the scan tool, Check the Starts Since Set counter for P0882.

NOTE: This counter only applies to the last DTC set.

Is the Starts Since Set counter equal to 0?

Yes

- Go To 2

No

- Go To 5

2. CHECK FOR TIPM RELATED DTCS
1. With the scan tool, check TIPM DTCs.

Are there any TIPM TCM Power Control circuit DTCs present?

Yes

- Perform the appropriate diagnostic procedure.

No

- Go To 3

3. CHECK THE (T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND

Zoom/Print

1. Turn the ignition off to the lock position.
2. Disconnect the PCM C4 harness connector and connect Miller tool #8815.

CAUTION: Do not probe the PCM harness connectors. Probing the PCM harness connectors will damage the PCM terminals resulting in poor terminal to pin connection. Install the PCM Pinout Box 8815 to perform diagnosis.

3. Disconnect the TIPM C2 harness connector.
4. Measure the resistance between ground and the (T15) Transmission Control circuit.

Is the resistance below 5.0 ohms?

Yes

- Repair the (T15) Transmission Control circuit for a short to ground.
- Perform 40/41TE TRANSMISSION VERIFICATION TEST See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > Verification Tests > 40/41TE Transmission Verification Test

No

- Go To 4

4. CHECK THE (T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN

Zoom/Print

1. Measure the resistance of the (T15) Transmission Control circuit between the TIPM C2 harness connector and the appropriate terminal of Miller tool #8815.

Is the resistance above 5.0 ohms?

Yes

- Repair the (T15) Transmission Control circuit for an open.

No

- Using the schematics as a guide, check the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) terminals for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace and program the PCM. With the scan tool, perform Quick Learn.See: Control Module, A/T > Programming and Relearning > Quick Learn Procedure

5. CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS
1. The conditions necessary to set this DTC are not present at this time.
2. Using the schematics as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors specific to this circuit.
3. Wiggle the wires while checking for shorted and open circuits.
4. With the scan tool, check the Event Data to help identify the conditions in which the DTC was set.

Where there any problems found?

Yes

- Repair as necessary.

No

any update??